There are no shortage of Labor Day Getaways from NYC. Even late in the Labor Day lead up, it’s possible to find deals and options galore for Labor Day Weekend travel from New York City. The tri-state area is packed with nearby beaches, lakes, trails, and cabins – that should have the bonus of being less crowded than usual!
You just have to know where to look. Last-minute airfare and car rental out of NYC is fairly easy to run down for Labor Day weekend as well. We recommend checking in often with the Airfare Watchdog’s NYC specials page – as well as starting you search with a simple browse of Travelocity or Expedia’s last minute deals. See below for a more specific list of various NYC Labor Day Weekend Getaways.
Labor Day Getaway List: Get Away From New York City
- Escape NYC and head for the Jersey shore.
- Go North into the Woods of Catskills or the Adirondacks.
- Head due West to the Delaware Water gap.
- Hop a flight to Vieques, Puerto Rico and frolic in the sand and surf in an relatively unspoiled Caribbean paradise. The only catch is you’ll have to dodge unexploded ordnance from the islands former incarnation as a U.S. military strafing range!
- Have a Labor Day Staycation and tool around Manhattan, secure in the knowledge that the more obnoxious elements of the city have all decamped to the Hamptions for the long weekend.
- See what’s happening out beyond the Hamptons in Montauk. It’s a really nice Labor Day destination.
Whatever the case, we hope you’ll enjoy the last weekend of summer, before the city snaps back to life with cool Autumn weather, pro football, and sense that anything is possible. And if that doesn’t whet your appetite, then maybe it’s time to get out of town anyway. Autumn in New York is wonderful indeed, but there’s no reason to be in a special hurry about getting there.